Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kick panel paint on grout

Lyndah
Just Starting Out

Kick panel paint on grout

Hi there,

Just painted kitchen cabinets.  Despite using painter's tape on the tiled floor to paint the kick panels I am left with paint leakage on the grout leaving a messy look. 

I've tried scraping paint excess with a knife but still messy. I'm considering going around with a calking gun and some white silicone. Also thinking maybe reapply painter's tape on the tile and actually painting the grout. Maybe even a small white timber beading.

Anyone have any suggestions please?

Thankyou

Screenshot_20211014-124114_Photos.jpg

20211014_112345.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Kick panel paint on grout

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Lyndah. It's great to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about how to cover the paint that has bled into the grout.

It sounds like a kitchen makeover. Would it be possible for you to share a photo of your repainted kitchen? I'm sure our members would be keen to see your kitchen's new colour. I suggest using Parfix 300g Clear Bathroom And Kitchen Silicone to cover the grout. This would be the easiest way to cover the bleed and give you an excellent finish on your kickboards.

Before applying the silicone, please make sure to give the area a thorough clean with a vacuum to remove dust and debris.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to silicone seal a bath

The techniques used in the guide are applicable to your grout and kickboard.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects