Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kitchen cabinet finishes - Avoiding marks and fingerprints

Sri123
Just Starting Out

Kitchen cabinet finishes - Avoiding marks and fingerprints

I am working on Kitchen Renno. 

My existing cabinets are Laminex Matte it has lot of marks, this time I want to see if we can get cabinets which will show less marks or even no marks on them.

Can anyone suggest what kind of cabinets would leave less marks/stains.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Kitchen Cabinets - Marks/Finger prints

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Sri123. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Matt Laminex has a tendency to capture marks and stains quite easily and can be a chore to keep clean. Gloss finish Laminex does show up fingerprints quite easily but it is a breeze to clean and resists staining.

Was it the cabinetry carcasses that were the issue or was it the door panels? Kaboodle has a range of gloss cabinet doors which would certainly be an improvement over matt finish. I believe the cabinets carcasses do not come with a gloss finish on them and are potentially similar to what you already have.

Let me mention the amazing @redracer01 to get his input on your question and to see what his opinion is.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects