Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kitchen facelift ideas??

Khariq
Finding My Feet

Kitchen facelift ideas??

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-23 at 4.26.00 PM.jpeg

Hi all!

So I'm stuck with how best to spruce up our kitchen without any structural changes. Any suggestions for potential colour pallettes to liven up the cabinetry and tiling?
Also considering changing the door fittings to black as we've redone the window frame to black. The main issue is the house is repainted to a bright white leaving the kitchen looking very yellow.

Thanks in advance!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Kitchen facelift ideas??

Hello @Khariq

Thank you for sharing your question about kitchen facelift ideas. 

I sympathize with your dilemma. What colour to choose for your kitchen? One way of choosing colour is to look around your area and see if there is a dominant colour in your furnishings. If none of the colours calls out to you, I suggest considering if you want a contrasting colour or a neutral colour for the kitchen. Because your kitchen is compact a dark colour will make it very noticeable. I suggest having extra lights in the kitchen if you choose to go for a dark colour. 

A neutral colour such as light grey or white tends to blend the kitchen into the rest of the house. It removes that clear division between rooms. Aside from using colour, you can also use Easycraft EasyVJ Paneling to give the back of your island a different colour and texture. If you prefer a more coastal approach you can use Porta 30 x 12mm 2.4m Tasmanian Oak Moulding Half Round Dowel glued on and painted with Cabot's 250ml Clear Water-Based Cabothane Interior Varnish Gloss.

Here is a link for ideas and inspiration: 10 kitchens transformed with paint 

Here is a link to the Make It Yours kitchen renovation: Kitchen makeover with Haus of Cruze

Let me tag our experienced members @craftyhopper and @lifestylebymari for their recommendations.

If you need more advice and information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @Khariq so much potential in that kitchen. I agree with @EricL some vj paneling would look very nice there. I think also changing the benchtop would change the whole kitchen look. You could either paint it with the Dulux Renovation Range or put a new one. I would recommend keeping neutral colours such as white or grey. Please feel free to ask any more questions. Happy to help :smile: 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Khariq 

I've put some virtual paint on your kitchen to give you ideas and inspiration. I hope it gives you an idea of the possibilities that can be achieved by just using paint. If you wish to see your kitchen in another colour, please let me know. 

Eric

Khariq Kitchen Colourjpg.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects