Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kitchen herb storage ideas

Andadams
Having an Impact

Kitchen herb storage ideas

Does anyone have any nifty suggestions for dried herb storage for a fairly compact kitchen? I have a large array of herbs which would be great to find a way to have them easily accessible and organised.

Herbs.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Kitchen herb storage ideas

Looks great @aly. Well done. Many thanks for sharing and fantastic to see you back on Workshop. Looking forward to seeing what else you've been up to.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
yarrawarra
Growing in Experience

I saw a photo once of a thin rack on wheels (when I say thin, it would hold large jam jars) that slid in beside the fridge. I thought that would do well to hold herbs and spices as well as common ingredients or sauces that don't need to go in the fridge like flour, sugar, coffee and so on. I'd love to see photos if anybody here has made one or bought one like this!

Welcome to Workshop @yarrawarra and many thanks for joining in the discussion. Hopefully some community members will have some ideas and/or photos for you. 

I also hope you get plenty of other great advice, information and inspiration from Workshop members for your projects. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand.

Jason 

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

I have that sort of rack in an Ikea bedhead, they don't sell them anymore here.

Malm bed

Isobel
Amassing an Audience

@yarrawarra

This might help you - http://thechronicleherald.ca/homesnews/1311971-diy-slide-out-pantry

I like that it is removable. 

B97502017Z.120150918142813000G4OAUQEO.10.jpg

@yarrawarra,

You might also be interested in this recent project from @DIYology - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Kitchen/Pull-out-storage-to-utilise-space-next-to-fridge/m-p/23003

Jason

What are they actually lying in pls?

Sorry @Julieg9426, could you please let us know which project you are referring to?

If you hit the @ key and then type another member's name, they will be notified of your question. It's a great way to ensure you get a prompt response.

Thanks,

Jason

jaet
Getting Established

I think Julieg is referring to Isobel's drawer suggestion in 2016 which has a corrugated drawer liner. It looks like she may have decorated it. 

Does Bunnings supply corrugated drawer liners, or a product that could be adapted for this purpose?

https://www.workshop.bunnings.com.au/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/48

Yes that's exactly what I was referring to - thanks :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects