Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Laminate to go over sink

AmyL
Finding My Feet

Laminate to go over sink

I truly feel totally stupid. All I want is a piece of laminate cut that matches my kitchen bench to go over sink. Please see photos & measurements.

I live in a small but cute little bungalow & every mm counts. I would like to use this piece of laminate as a chopping board. If anyone can help me with this, I would be incredibly grateful.IMAG0320.jpg

IMAG0321.jpg

IMAG0318.jpg

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Greatfull if you could solve my query

Hi @AmyL, can you please clarify what you query actually is? Do you want someone to supply and/or cut a pieace of laminate to that size for you?

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Walter

Hey @AmyL,

I have a wooden "table" that does exactly this. Made out of 3 pieces of wood, one for the top, and two "legs" that run the length of the sides on the bottom. The "legs" are positioned so that it does not move when I put the table into the sink to use as a chopping board, and the added benefit is that I can also use it as a serving table if I need to.

I'll post a photo later.

I would recommend this sort of thing to everyone. I have no idea why they aren't common. I had mine made by a friend.

as @ProjectPete correctly says,  are you asking for someone to make something for you?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Laminate to go over sink

Welcome to Workshop @AmyL. No need to feel silly, we welcome all questions on the community, regardless of how simple they might seem. Everyone has to start from somewhere! The good news is that there are plenty of helpful members around these parts who are only too happy to help. 

As per your replies from Pete and Walter, could you just please clarify what you are asking? We're a D.I.Y. community so there will be plenty of people who can assist you with creating a solution to your problem, but you might also be lucky enough to find someone to build it for you if you don't feel you have the confidence. 

Please feel free to post anytime you need a hand with a home improvement project, and let me know if you ever need help getting the most from the site.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

That would be great if someone could cut a piece for me for $$

AmyL
Finding My Feet

Yes if someone could cut a piece of marble laminate to go over my kitchen bench that would be great. I would pay for it $$

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sounds like an easy job for @ProjectPete:grin:

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Where are you located @AmyL?

----------
Handy and helpful

Point Vernon
ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Oh ok. I'm over in Perth so I unfortunately won't be able to help you out this time round.

----------
Handy and helpful

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects