Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Limited laundry space

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Limited laundry space

Hello Everyone,

I had a lovely couple come in to the shop today hoping for a layout for their laundry. One of her main requests was a Belfast sink like the one she had when she was in the UK. Not impossible, but I did say that she would have to source a local version of that sink here in Oz. What is not seen in this drawing is the robin hood ironing center and a shelf on the opposite wall. I suggested that by doing this she will not have to have a broom cupboard and would thus make the room less cluttered and confined. She was very happy with the final layout and will be sourcing the sink online.

Cheers,

Red

scotts1.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Limited laundry space

Hi @redracer01,

I'm sure the couple were delighted with what you have provided in such a small space. A Belfast sink sounds interesting, is it similar to a farmhouse or butlers sink?

Many thanks for sharing your design.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hello @MitchellMc 

Yes the Belfast is deeper and more robust than the butlers sink. Traditionaly a butlers sink is shallower than a belfast. Where as a butlers sink is wider. There are some fire clay ones here in oz at 35mm thick! So pretty tough sink!

Cheers!

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Nabanita83
Just Starting Out

How to design this type of laundry. I want to design my own too

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Nabanita83. Many thanks for your question, I'd be happy to assist.

It's great to have you join us and we can't wait to see what designs you can come up with. @redracer01 uses a program called Sketchup 2017 (the free version). There is also another free tool which is the 3D Kaboodle planner. If you need any assistance with your design please feel free to start a new discussion with pictures of your laundry, a plan of the room including its dimensions and locations of any powerpoints/taps/drains. We would be more than happy to give you some ideas on layouts.

Please let me know if you need further information or advice.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects