Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

New bench tops or laminate paint?

SaraKearney
Getting Established

New bench tops or laminate paint?

This is my first major DIY project. I'm wanting to update the kitchen, and after lots of research I plan to paint the kitchen cabinetry and carcases with Dulux Renovation range, however I'm not sure how to tackle the bench tops given their "unique" design

I'm wanting to keep this project as low cost as possible (unfortunately this house was a rental and has been handed back to me in poor condition, so many other maintenance projects have set my budget back a bit) 

The sink and tap-wear we're replaced beginning of last year with Chrome fittings, and a stainless steel dishwasher to the right of the sink (sorry about old photos)

Do Bunnings make custom benchtops to suit this style, or am I better off painting the laminate? 

Has anyone used a spray gun to get a glossier finish? 

All advice welcome, I'd really love to start sanding in the next few days once I know how to approach the benchtops

Screenshot_20210106-204825.png

IMG_20180525_114538.jpg

IMG_20180525_114553.jpg

IMG_20180525_114315.jpg

Re: New bench tops or laminate paint?

What a difference! Looks amazing - look forward to seeing the final results. Well done.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects