Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

New kitchen bar fascia

woodalwaysworks
Making a Splash

New kitchen bar fascia

EB379E6C-DF93-4D2B-AEFB-B6DCB9293B85.jpeg

 We recently updated our kitchen bench with feature board

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: New Kitchen Bar Fascia

Hi @woodalwaysworks,

Many thanks for sharing your project.

What type of feature board did you use? Any tips you could offer other members if they wished to complete a similar project or perhaps things you would have done differently?

Well done.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: New kitchen bar fascia

Looks great @woodalwaysworks. Well done. 

As per Mitch's message, it would be great if you could please share some more information for members who might like to achieve a similar look. 

Thanks again for sharing.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Good work @woodalwaysworks - came up really nicely. It's such an inexpensive (and straight forward DIY) way to bring a nice feature to a kitchen bench/island.

I'm waiting on my 63mm easyVJ panels to arrive to do mine. I have been throwing around ideas re batten cladding, bamboo, etc however given our Oak overhead cabinetry and dark splashback are already a feature we didn't want this to clash/overpower so will paint it Polar White to match the ground level cabinetry and contrast a little against the stone.

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

We used the easy craft 9mm feature panel boards.

Before installing I lightly sanded the veneer on the kitchen facia to take the polish off and help the glue stick.

The board’s were also bradded on. 9mm feature panel+16mm facia board+18mm cupboard backboard gave me heaps of space to not worry about a 32mm brad coming through into any cupboards or draws.
I still double checked for the pipe work leading to the sink and dishwasher.

Added skirting after painting and made a small piece of corner moulding from dome off cuts of the panel board.

to make installation easy your panels can be 5mm short +/- and this gap will be at the bottom then covered by your skirting

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects