Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Paint kitchen cabinet by a roller or power sprayer?

far213
Growing in Experience

Paint kitchen cabinet by a roller or power sprayer?

Hello community!

I have few paintings jobs around the house. I plan to resurface my wooden kitchen cabinet doors,  paint my wooden fence and paint few walls and ceiling in my living room.  I am considering to investing in a power paint sprayer If that can make my life easier but I am not sure if that can really give me a better finish? Has anyone tried that? I would appreciate it if you share your experience. Thank you

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: paint kitchen cabinet by a roller or power sprayer

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @far213. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

You might be interested in reading these discussions-

It looks like a lot of members are having some great success painting their fences with spray guns. The Dulux RapidFinish Paint Spray Gun seems to be a winner in that department. I've also got that machine, using it for the first time whilst painting my pallet cubby house. I found it fantastic, especially for getting into tight corners and textures where it just wouldn't be possible with a roller. I believe for the budget price of the unit it would be worth the investment just to paint the fence alone. After you have practised on the fence, which is a more forgiving surface, you can then move onto you internal surfaces.

You'll need to keep in mind that you have to cover all your floors and furniture when spraying walls and ceilings. The paint will become airborne and settle on exposed surfaces. A spray gun can certainly make your life easier if used correctly and you can achieve some great results. I would, however, encourage you to practise on the fence first as it does take some technique to get a great finish on walls.

Here are some articles which you'll find beneficial to read through-

Please let me know if you need further information or had additional questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
far213
Growing in Experience

Thank you very much for your reply. Do you think Wagner 100 is good enough or I would need Wagner 590?

far213
Growing in Experience

Sorry i just realised you suggested Dulux rapidfinish spray gun. Is that a better option than Wagner100? How about Wagner 590?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@far213,

There has been a significant amount of positive feedback on the Dulux rapidfinish spray gun on the site and my own personal experience which is why I suggested it. I believe it and the Wagner W100 Wood And Metal Paint Sprayer have similar specifications. I do note on the Wagner's specs it states "for small to medium sized projects" such as "gutters, panel doors, furniture, shelving, pipes, frames, appliances, cabinets, window frames, garage doors, shutters, porcelain, architraves, trims". This would suggest to me it might struggle on larger surface areas which is what you want to do. The Wagner Flexio 590 Complete Paint Sprayer Kit with Case comes with specific attachments for "interior wall and ceiling paints" so this would be a better option if going for Wagner.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
nicole72
Growing in Experience

Thanks Mitchell, love the cubby house looks fantastic

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects