Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Poll: Would you rather live without a dishwasher or a television?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Poll: Would you rather live without a dishwasher or a television?

Few appliances in the home stir such passion and devotion as the dishwasher and the television. One gives us more leisure time, the other consumes it. But which device would you rather live without?

Please add your vote to our latest Workshop poll - Would you rather live without a dishwasher or a television? The poll can be found on the front page underneath the Join the discussion icons.

You are also welcome to discuss the topic further by replying below.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
CathD
Making a Splash

Re: Poll: Would you rather live without a dishwasher or a television?

I lived without a dishwasher for a long time. But it's amazing that once you get one you can't imagine life without it. They save so much time. It's great that they also save a lot of water. They are incredibly efficient these days. 

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Jason

Do all the earnings from sales of unwanted dishwashers & TVs go into a Workshopper Cristmas slush fund?

If so, I don't want to cheat the system, because we gave away our working dishwasher months ago, so how much would you deem fair for me to contribute? ; P

Not meaning to confuse the issue, but I'm the dishwasher now, so should Tania the TV lover be answering the poll?

Guys, ya can't watch footy, Big Bash, the Olympics or golf on a dishwasher...
Trying
Making a Splash

Well the she-shed reno is still under way, but I must admit to the 50" flatscreen/smart TV already up on the wall and working, while the benchtop dishwasher ( no space for an underbench model ) is still sitting looking at me while I cook. Nothing better than a great movie,a comfy recliner,and some nibbles with a glass of something you favour. I'll give up the dishwasher every time.Cheers

Joker
Having an Impact

I don't think I watch any live tv these days except sport, so I could happily do without a telly. Everything is streamed or downloaded - so I just need a computer. 

aly
Making a Splash

I could probably go without both but if I had to pick between the two i'd give up the tv. It's too easy to watch things online nowadays and even then we spend more time in the kitchen then watching shows or movies.
Henno
Having an Impact

I'm the cook in our family and I know where I'd rather be -- on the golf course or in the surf, but like "Trying" I'd rather be up close to the action in front of my widescreen with frothy beverage in hand. Slow-mo and instant replay aren't features of my dishwasher.
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

I'm a romantic, so I don't understand why the tried & proven cordless model, that's also a child minder, cook, counsellor, & occasional aerobics partner, has fallen out of favour.

Is it because they don't attract a $1250 tax rebate anymore? : (
ro-novation
Cultivating a Following

Well... I definitely know I can live without a dishwasher or TV. Because I already live without both!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects