Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Problem with Kaboodle hinges needing regular adjustment

Lindilou
Just Starting Out

Problem with Kaboodle hinges needing regular adjustment

So, I am on to my fourth set of corner cupboard hinges and still no luck.  I have a screwdriver permanently in the kitchen and need to adjust and re-tighten them every day or two.  Does anyone have any  advice on what I can do?

Matty72
Just Starting Out

Re: Problem with Kaboodle hinges needing regular adjustment

Hello, do you mean the the door hinges are falling off from the cupboard shell? I have the same issue, my fix is to drill our the plastic plugs and use https://www.bunnings.com.au/selleys-250ml-pva-wood-glue-aquadhere-interior-adhesive_p1233002 to glue dowel in the holes, then I drill the screws back into the dowel. Hope that helps.

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @Lindilou 

Welcome to Bunnings Workshop! I suggest changing the hinge set for the corner cabinet The Kaboodle kitchen has a 10 year warranty on parts and that includes the hinges. If you can bring in your proof of purchase or perhaps a record of your plan when it was made in the store you should be able to get new hinges for your corner cabinet. I'm sorry to hear you have to keep adjusting them. If you have any other questions or anything else we can help with pleas post it here on workshop

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Lindilou. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and many thanks for your question on Kaboodle hinges.

I'm sorry to hear of your experience so far, and we'd really like to assist in getting this sorted.

If you could let us know whether it is the screws fixing the hinge into the timber cabinetry or the screw holding the hinge components together, that would be beneficial. Are the screws pulling out of the timber, or is the hinge falling apart? Perhaps you might like to upload an image to illustrate.

If the screws are pulling out of the timber, I suspect it might call for something similar to @Matty72's solution. If the hinges themselves are coming apart, then applying some Loctite 243 10ml Adhesive Threadlocker to their screw could stop it from backing out and needing re-tightening. 

In either case, once you provide a little more information, I would be happy to contact Kaboodle to discuss the issue.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the community @Matty72. It's great to see you join in the discussion and make such a helpful first post.

It sounds like you are particularly handy, and no doubt your knowledge with be invaluable to the community. We look forward to hearing all about your own projects and plans and encourage you to let us know if you ever need assistance or have something to share. I trust you'll find loads of inspiration for your own projects here as our creative members contribute their ideas here all the time.

Mitchell

klandles
Finding My Feet

My problem is the hinge on the corner cabinets gets loose so I gonna tighten it a few times a day I'm over it

Hi @klandles 

In my opinion you have every right to be over it  and I would join you 1000%  in saying that about your hinge!  I know the  annoyance of loose hinges too in fact I have one right now and the door just flops around.

@klandles Is it possible?  Can you let the Bunnings people join with you to find a solution with  you turning that frown upside down  I know they want to help your situation too.

Your have  all ready done  hard part reaching out.  Is there any posts above in @Matty72  situation that you can try or relate to.

Hang in there.

klandles
Finding My Feet

My problem is the hinge that holds the corner door I gonna keep tighting it or the door just flops

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @klandles. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for jumping into the discussion.

Sorry to hear you are having difficulties with your cabinet hinges. If you could upload an image of the hinge and point out which of the screws are being troublesome, that would allow our members to offer useful suggestions. 

Have you swapped the hinge out for a new one at all? Is there any obvious damage to the hinge, or is the timber degraded if these are screws into the cabinetry? If the screw that is loosening is the one connecting the two halves of the hinge, you can try some Loctite 243 10ml Adhesive Threadlocker. This product prevents screws/bolts from loosening and backing out of metal threads.

I look forward to hearing more about the issues you're experiencing and helping to resolve them.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

20230209_043422.jpg

20230209_043345.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects