Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Remove or rejuvenate this kitchen?

Chrisnjoey
Just Starting Out

Remove or rejuvenate this kitchen?

CB9C01DB-70E1-4D15-93BF-0F861F8381D6.jpeg

looking to modernise this kitchen looking for some ideas that won’t break the bank 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: remove or rejuvenate?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Chrisnjoey. It's fantastic that you've joined us, and many thanks for your question.

Your kitchen looks like a prime candidate to receive a cosmetic refresh, and many of our members have successfully completed similar projects.

You might like to read through these previous discussions on the topic:

You should find this step-by-step guide useful: How to paint kitchen cabinets. The tutorial includes all the necessary tools to complete this project. I would believe simply painting the cabinetry white and updating the handle hardware would make a world of difference.

I look forward to following along with your project and can't wait to see the results.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: remove or rejuvenate?

Hello - whilst I’m yet to embark on my kitchen (got sidetracked with another project 😉) you have great cupboards to rejuvenate! It looks like a really good space and if you’re happy with the layout, it’s amazing what you can do with paint. Do you know what look you are after? Pinterest and Instagram are great for inspiration pics.

In the past 12 months I converted a small fridge space to a corner pantry and future plans include painting the doors,  replace the splash back with press metal, re-line the walls in VJ and sand the floors. All doable as a DYIer. Look forward to seeing what you do. 😌

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Remove or rejuvenate this kitchen?

Hello @Chrisnjoey 

Would it be possible to see the rest of the kitchen, pantry and fridge spot? I would also like to request if you could post your kitchen measurements along with window height and sizes ( just a quick sketch pen and paper will do and then a quick photo and post ). Once you've posted this information we can then make a more measured recommendation and you can then choose which to go for, paint the doors or full reno? This will allow you to make a more informed choice that fits your budget.

Cheers,

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects