Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Screws for Ikea wall Mount Metad cabinet

kathuriamukesh
Just Starting Out

Screws for Ikea wall Mount Metad cabinet

Hi Guys, 

Need some help with deciding screws.  I am trying to put a IKEA METOD wall mount cabinet in our kitchen. It comes with a railing and the cabinet goes on it.

My wall is Gyprock with metal studs. I have got 32mm 8g screws but I am not sure if it's enough. You reckon I should go for 40 mm screws or 32mm is enough.

kathuriamukesh
Just Starting Out

ikea wall cabinet in Gyprock with Metal studs

Hi Guys,

The cupboard I am trying to put is 600 mm wide and as per ikea recommendation needs 3 screws.

The metal studs in my wall are 400-450 mm apart so I can only put 2 screws and best. Any advice please? I.e

Is 2 enough or do I need to put other types of screws that go to Gyproc only and won't they harm the Gyprock?

Cheers,

Mukesh

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Screws for Ikea wall Mount Metad cabinet

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @kathuriamukesh. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

It's hard to give an answer on what would or wouldn't be suitable and if you could use fewer fixings than required. This is due to not knowing how your cupboard is constructed and that cupboards hold unspecified amounts of weight. Does the installation guide suggest that all three mounting screws need to be into the studs? If the installation guide is vague or has left you guessing, I believe the Ikea team might be better equipped to provide specific advice about their product. 

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects