Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Small kitchen but need a wall oven, help!

Jano
Getting Established

Small kitchen but need a wall oven, help!

We've downsized & both retired early due to health issues. Please I need suggestions as to where to place my wall oven without adding loads to the costs? I bake every day but can't afford to lose my precious bench space. 

Thanks in advance ~ Jano

image7.jpg

image8.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Small kitchen but need a wall oven, help!

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Jano. It's fabulous to have you join us, and many thanks for your question on oven placement.

Could you please confirm for us if the image and plan are of the same house? The plan looks significantly different from the image, and there doesn't appear to be any butler's pantry in the image. If the image is your new kitchen, could you please take some pictures of it in more detail than the current one as It's hard to decipher the actual layout?

Do you want to keep the wall oven as you find it easier to use than an under bench unit? Due to the very nature of a wall oven, you'll either need to lose bench space or give up the pantry cupboard to house it.

I'm sure our helpful members will have some great solutions to your issue. We look forward to hearing further details of your kitchen and providing assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jano
Getting Established

Not a good start as I uploaded the wrong floor plan...LOL! 😂 It's a difficult choice but due to a permanant back injury I can't use  a below bench oven. Maybe all my preparation will have to be done on the dining table? We have a walk through laundry where I have my microwave sitting on the bench, maybe I could consider my oven also to be placed there instead with the microwave above? I wish I could get a home renovation team to come to our rescue. My husband has stage 3 Lung Cancer (non-smoker) and I currently can't bake for him... We've only just moved here and I'm still unpacking, without any assistance but pacing myself so I'm very slow. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@Jano,

I believe it would be relatively easy to remove the current pantry cupboard and replace it with a Kaboodle 600mm High Oven Tower. With some custom work, you could have the oven elevated to your required height within the cabinet. The cabinet also includes space for your microwave. Your pantry cupboard could then be relocated to the walkthrough laundry if there was room.

Let me mention @redracer01 to see if he has any alternate ideas.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jano
Getting Established

Much appreciated MitchellMc. Thanks for your assistance. With kindest regards ~ Jan.

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @Jano 

Welcome to Bunnings Workshop! You could compromise on your 900mm pantry and have the oven tower placed in that spot and have a small 300mm pantry sandwiched in to the corner. The free space under your cook top can then be turned into another set of drawers. But have a look at the sketch at the bottom and tell us your thoughts and tell me if you wish to see it in another configuration. I hope my suggestions help, if you have any other questions please post it here on workshop.

Cheers,

Red

Jano oven tower1.jpg 

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Jano
Getting Established

AMAZING! So glad to be a member of this group 🙏 Looking forward to getting in to Bunnings to make this happen. Everyone's assistance is much appreciated. Thanks again ~ Jan 😀

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects