Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Storage under breakfast bar

naren1023
Getting Established

Storage under breakfast bar

Hi All, We have a breakfast bar in our kitchen and we dont utilize it at all. We want to use that space to create some storage for kitchen. How do we proceed? The cabinets or shelves will have to be made somewhere. But, I would be able to assemble them myself. Please advise. IMG20181013104952.jpg

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Storage under breakfast bar

Hello @naren1023 can you please tell me how long is that breakfast bar? Better yet can you give me measurements of that area you wish to use under the breakfast bar. Thanks!

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Hi @redracer01, Thanks for your response. Here is the measurement 300 horizontal length, 85 height and 25 depth.

BIM_Engineer
Former Community Member

Hi @naren1023
You might also want to consider sketching it up yourself
Try 3D Sketchup and 3D BricsCAD Shape, and please post back for planning tools

Cheers

Thanks @BIM_Engineer. I will do that. I tried it briefly and have not been able to do it. First time, I am using a software of that nature.

Isobel
Amassing an Audience

@naren1023

That looks like beautiful cabinetry. Are you sure you want to mess with it? I can understand the need for more storage (there's never enough!) but it seems the extra storage you would get would be minimal. Does the breakfast bar have cupboards on the other side? What is the material? Anywhere else in the kitchen that you could create more storage?

naren1023
Getting Established

Thanks for the response @Isobel. We have cabinets on the other side but the dishwasher has taken up a lot of space. I initially did not want to trouble that space but at this point I really dont have too many options. Though the space would be mimimal, it will be what we want. I have not made any decision yet. :unhappy:

Hi All, After thinking long and hard about this, we decided not to go with this project at this time. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who responded to me. :smile:

I think the space under the bar designed for legs room when you are sitting there on high chairs..
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @vitya315, great to see you make your first post. We look forward to reading more and learning all about your home improvement projects and plans. Feel free to post whenever you need a hand, we have loads of helpful community members keen to share their knowledge and experience.

Welcome to Workshop,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects