Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What household chores do you enjoy?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

What household chores do you enjoy?

Confession time!

I actually enjoy vacuuming. I put on some headphones, some music that I love, and groove away.

Am I crazy? Are there any chores that most people hate that you actually enjoy?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
lleonyta
Growing in Experience

Re: What household chores do you enjoy?

I also enjoy ironing and watching TV at the same time.

I want all of my clothes look clean and ironed, I don't like wearing one that is not ironed. Haha

Deanna
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

I enjoy doing the dishes/cleaning the kitchen after a meal.  I leave my daughter to do her thing, and I put my laptop on the kitchen bench and watch shows while I do it - seems to make the time go quicker  LOL

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

I do not enjoy cleaning the toilet and can't imagine anyone who does.

So this sounds good - a self-cleaning toilet you only have to clean once a year - http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-35258674 

Hay
Building a Reputation

I enjoy general tidying.  There is always the opportunity to do a bit of styling along the way.

I also love organizing.  Sorting things and allocating them to boxes. I collect boxes and vessels in general - I love to package!!! I keep saying this but our apartment is small, so I get a real kick out of making small innovations to utilise our space better. 

Also, since we bought a stick vaccum, I enjoy vaccuming because it's so easy.  It also gives me a chance to spend time admiring our floors. 

My favourite job is throwing things out and organising them too - so my current 'spring clean' is giving me a lot of joy!

A friend on the weekend told me about a book by Marie Kondo, called "The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up", this is apparently next-level tidying up and will totally change your home and storage space.

This book is next on my list! - Here is an article I just found about the book.

I enjoy mowing the lawn. I just pop the radio on with some headphones. It's relaxing in a mind-numbing kind of way.

It's taking time to hand weed effectively, & handwashing dishes for me. Neither require much thinking, my mind wanders, sometimes creatively, & the results are always very satisfying.
Alicia
Building a Reputation

I don't mind vacuuming either.

darylhewston
Becoming a Leader

Yep, mowing the lawn for me.  Somehow it just makes me forget about work.

None !!!!:crazy:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects