Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Which laminate paint is best? White Knight or Dulux Renovation Range?

S-A-S-C-H-A
Finding My Feet

Which laminate paint is best? White Knight or Dulux Renovation Range?

So many mixed reviews. Also. I want a white colour, what 'white' do you recommend? I've heard some go yellow? Definitely don't want that. Satin or Gloss finish? Please help :smile:

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Which laminate paint is best White Knight or Dulux Renovation Range?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @S-A-S-C-H-A. It's wonderful that you've joined us, and many thanks for your question on laminate paint.

Personally, I've only ever used the Dulux Renovation Range and have been very happy with the results. Preparation is the key, and you'll find many of the issues experienced all come down to not preparing the surface correctly. If the laminate is not cleaned, then there will be a film of grease from cooking on it. No paint will stick to this. If you prepare the surfaces according to the manufacturer's requirements, then I am confident that you'll be happy with either of these two premium brands.

Please feel free to read through all the projects our members have contributed. You'll note there a no mixed reviews with all our members achieving fantastic results. Dulux Renovations is by far the most popular after its release a few years ago.

I'm not personally aware of any whites yellowing. Let me mention @redracer01 to see if he's heard of that experience before.

Gloss would be my preference as it looks great and draws attention. If there is any damage to your laminated surfaces, you might choose satin as it won't be as noticeable.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects