Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Would you use a window as a splashback?

RenoQueen
Making a Splash

Would you use a window as a splashback?

window as splashback.png
DominiqueMauric
Finding My Feet

Re: Would you use a window as a splashback?

Oh, I definately would, if I didn't already have a lovely big window behind my sink. I find myself daydream while doing the dishes, looking at the birds and the trees

Sulo
Just Starting Out

I have a fixed window splashback in my kitchen at present, yes it looks good, modern and let's plenty of light in, however... Cleaning is not as easy and practical as a flat one. But my big issue is the lack of air flow in the kitchen. This is due to the splashback being in place of a normal opening window.

If your kitchen is big enough another opening window as well as the window splashback, you have a winning combination. 

Sulo
Just Starting Out

Oh, I should have stated that my window splashback is behind the cook top, not the sink. This is not the preferred option, but the sink is in the island bench. Lol 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your experiences @Sulo. Much appreciated.

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to Workshop. It's fantastic to have you join the community. I'm sure you will find there is loads of great advice, information and inspiration here from other community members. I'm also looking forward to reading more about your projects and plans. 

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects