Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

repair kitchen drawers

felice
Just Starting Out

repair kitchen drawers

The Handymen in my house are stumped by the seemingly un-fixable drawer in our kitchen, the base slides out because the front pulls loose constantly.  They have tried to glue back together and seem to think screws wouldn't work, or they'd be too bulky or something... I'm wondering if I should just measure and go to a hardware store and try to find a replacement drawer?

Would it be too uch of an ego-crusher if I manage to repair it LOL...

It's really annoying us all, so I'd like to get it done before someone reefs it open and to pieces during the chiristmas chaos!!Any ideas on what would be the quickest fix?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: repair kitchen drawers

That would be annoying @felice. Hopefully our clever members can offer some suggestions for you. Perhaps you might find some inspiration in this previous discussion kicked off by @gippslandhome - Help with drawer runner.

Let me extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. We're really pleased you could join us and trust that you'll get plenty of helpful advice and inspiration for your projects all around the house and garden from our amazing members. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi again @felice,

I wonder whether a photo might help members to see what you are working with and suggest some potential remedies?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Felice using your mobile phone quietly and secretly take a photo of the the drawer and the drawer runner. Post it here on workshop. As soon as I see it, I will advise you step by step how to repair it. I will leave the big reveal to you!

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects