Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

which Dulux does this cupboard need?

vica
Having an Impact

which Dulux does this cupboard need?

image.jpg

Hi, Good morning! As my cupboard looks like what the image shows ,which Dulux Renovation I need if I want to repaint it ? I think green is better color. I found difference letters in the color cards. Which kind is better for mine? Thanks.

Vica

44A5F59A-9CED-4986-A545-8EE2D07F8FD3.jpeg

image.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: which Dulux does this cupboard need?

Hi @vica,

Green sounds like an interesting choice! Could you show us an example of what you were thinking? I'd encourage you to get some sample pots of a few colours and paint an MDF board with them. You can then place it up against your cabinet's doors to get a feel for what it might look like. Please do not paint your actual cabinet doors with the sample pots.

Here's a step-by-step guide to get you started: Transform your kitchen cabinets. The key to getting a fantastic result is preparation, so you should thoroughly clean your cabinets with Sugar soap. Then, make sure you rinse the Sugar soap off with fresh water and allow it to dry before priming.

Everyone will be keen to follow your project, so please take plenty of pictures and keep us updated. Also, let me know if you have any question along the way.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you @MitchellMc . Last week I went to bunnings , a beautiful saleswoman reminded me to notice the different letters in the color cards and she said “D” is suitable for my cupboard . I think I should consult you before I buy Dulux.The example color I choose is in the image 

image.jpg

Vica

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @vica,

The colours available in the Dulux Renovation Range have a W or D next to their name. These letters represent either a white or deep base for us to mix from. Colours marked UD are not available in the Renovation Range.

Colour choice is a very personal decision and I've never liked influencing others on their colour choice with my personal taste. However, I believe either Adrift or Seachange are nice bold colours that would compliment your splashback well. I can recommend either of them for use with the Dulux Renovation Range.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks @MitchellMc . You always teach me a lot in DIY . A good beginning is a good ending. Now I can go to bunnings again and start my project of kitchen cabinets. Have a nice day !

Vica

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects