Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Advise please for securing wire closet to wall

gteam
Getting Established

Advise please for securing wire closet to wall

What screws and anchor are best to use when installing wire closet on bedroom wall. I can't find the beam. I want it to be strong and secure. I also hope for easy tools screws and anchors. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: advise please

Hi @gteam,

Could you perhaps provide some information or a picture of the wire closet so we know what type of weight it will be supporting? That will assist our members in advising some great solutions.

There is a range of Ramset Wallmate products which allow you to easily fix to plasterboard. Each of the products will have their own weight capacities and you should select one that suits your needs.

We look forward to some additional information and providing a solution to your installation question.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
gteam
Getting Established

IMG20200913180649.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the photo @gteam.

As per Mitch's reply, we would encourage you to check out the  Ramset Wallmate products for fixing it to plasterboard. Let me tag the ever-helpful members @Tara86 and @Brad to see what they would choose for the job.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

I put a lot in at times so I have gone down this path -

ramset-hollow-wall-anchor-setting-tool 

gteam
Getting Established

Thank you so much. I think I will definitely be getting the anchor setting tool.

gteam
Getting Established

Thank you I want to order one. Could you please tell me what the name of the screws I need to purchase to use with the tool.

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

They are called Hollow Wall Anchors.

Ramset M4 

Ramset M5 

Ramset M6 

There is also some carded product that misses the searches based on size.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects