Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Alcohol Dispenser made from left over Merbau Decking and gal fittings

LePallet
Amassing an Audience

Alcohol Dispenser made from left over Merbau Decking and gal fittings

IMG_0040.JPG
Dazza
Just Starting Out

Re: Alcohol Dispenser made from left over Merbau Decking and gal fittings

Hi

i was wondering if you had a video or steps to follow to make alcohol dispenser.

Cheers

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Dazza,

I have tagged @LePallet to ensure he sees your reply. I'm sure he will be able to share some tips or steps with you for making your own dispenser. 

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to Workshop. It's great to have you join the community. You'll soon find our members are terrific at sharing their knowledge, experience and inspirational ideas. I'm sure you'll have plenty to share, too!

Please let me know if you need a hand getting the most from the site.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
DCS
Cultivating a Following

This is fantastic. As an old time boozer from way back I love this. I do have a question though, what fitting(s) did you use for the part that the bottle sits in? Is it screw in or press fit? Or something completely different?

Erica
Just Starting Out

Hi, just wondering the same thing. Is there somewhere I can watch a video or a parts list?

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

More questions here for you @LePallet. Your projects are very popular at the moment!

LePallet
Amassing an Audience

I want to apologise @Jason @Kermit for the bad communication over the past few months, I have had a bit going on which includes organising to pack the house up as we are moving to Melbourne from Perth, and had a lot to do around the house to be finished . However I will be returning all the questions that have been asked and more when I can.

cheers mate 

and to @Erica @DCS @DazzaThe top fitting is a 25mmX32mm reducer. Most alcohol bottles fit either like a little tight or a bit loose around the edges which is absolutely fine because how it works is you wrap plumbers thread tape around the thread of the bottle top, not to thick and not too loose, just enough so when you turn the bottle around and stand it face up normal on a table, and then grab the dispenser, turn it upside down and place the top of the reducer directly onto the bottle head it should just slip straight in, maybe with a little bit of force, maybe even twist it in a bit, and then by holding both firm turn it all around again so the dispenser is face up and you are still holding the alcohol bottle. 

Turn the tap on with a glass under tap and see if you have nice flow. You may have to twist the bottle around to release some air. The reason it’s better to have the thread tape not thick is it’s designed to expand with the liquid.

i how this has helped and good luck 

P.S the fittings are  all Galvanised besides the tap/valve. Just spray them to your Colour. And also the bottom of the Tee junction is blocked and sealed to the liquid goes down and Ramps into then tap 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Erica,

Thanks for joining in the discussion. I trust you found @LePallet's information very helpful. Please post again if you need a hand with anything. 

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to Workshop. It's lovely to have you as one of our latest members. I trust that you will be inspired by lots of projects like this one as you browse the site, and be informed and educated by our ever-helpful community members. I'm looking forward to seeing what projects you can share. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
LePallet
Amassing an Audience

Please head over to my page @Erica@DCS and swing me a message I’ll be Happt to take a few photos and when a video of the parts and a few things you have to do to make it work @

AnitaH25
Having an Impact

Hi there, great job. I made one of these, and made the mistake of using galvanized fittings and every thing rusted in a day.  I then changed to brass fittings but the thread on the top section was no longer compatable with the Jack Daniel's bottle neck thread.  Do you by any chance have a link to buy that top piece.  Would be nice to finish this after so long.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects