Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Alcohol Dispenser made from left over Merbau Decking and gal fittings

LePallet
Amassing an Audience

Alcohol Dispenser made from left over Merbau Decking and gal fittings

IMG_0040.JPG
LePallet
Amassing an Audience

Re: Alcohol Dispenser made from left over Merbau Decking and gal fittings

Hi @AnitaH25

Thanks for the question and what I will say is that I have heard that inside the gal fittings they do rust. To what extent and if it can taste in the alcohol im

not sure. I don’t actually have one but I will be making me one soon. I’ve sold a few of these. 

But to answer your question brass fittings is the way to go and I would still use the top gal fitting where the bottle goes into as that part won’t affect it at all. You get them from Bunnings and they do screw into brass fittings whether you use thread tape or thread sealant.

My question to every one on this thread is what did you guys do for the inside of the fittings at the point where the alcohol goes down then 90 degree into the tap part ??

what I did was fill the bottom straight thread fitting below the tap with something like foam then I put a big dab or sylicone at that transaction for the alcohol to flow nicely like a ramp so no alcohol sits and puddles there

@Kermit @Erica@DCS

chriskuta
Growing in Experience

Re: Alcohol Dispenser made from left over Merbau Decking and gal fittings

Nice, I reckon with that setup you could fill those glasses up very quickly :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects