Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Amazing princess bed

mlb_diy
Growing in Experience

Amazing princess bed

20190115_185500.jpg

I made this bed for my little girl. It has a toybox in the step at the end and LED remote controlled lights in the bedhead. For the buttons on the bedhead, I used sanded and painted coach bolts, which came up a treat. 

20171121_125338.jpg

20190106_181842.jpg

Akanksha
Projects Editor
Projects Editor

Re: Amazing princess bed

A warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, @mlb_diy! Thrilled to have you join us, and great to see you've shared some amazing kids projects. I won't be surprised if they make it to our list of Top 10 most popular kids projects one day. 

This princess bed is indeed amazing, and perfect for your little princess! Those LED lights create a lovely magical effect, and your use of coach bolts is indeed ingenious. Did you have this exact design in mind before you began the build? Any advice for those members who are wanting to replicate this project?

Great work once again!

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
mlb_diy
Growing in Experience

Re: Amazing princess bed

Thank you @Akanksha . I only had a rough idea of what I wanted it to look like initially. It changed and morphed into this as I went along. The lights look amazing but are also a gentle night light for her.

My only advice for anyone wanting to make something like this, is to work out how everything joins together before making each part. I had to change a few parts to make them fit together securely while still keeping the asthetic. Also, keep an eye out for everyday items that you can use in your design - the very top of the bedheads with the round lights, were originally little windchimes. And finally, just have a go and have fun!

Good luck :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects