Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Building a budget coffee table

KevinMall
Making a Splash

Building a budget coffee table

Here are some photos if early stages if my current project. A budget priced coffee table.

Timber taken from a pallet broken up by me then cut to length, planer to help smooth it somewhat  and now glued and clamped for a few days.

IMG20210506085723.jpg

IMG_20210506_085333.jpg

KevinMall
Making a Splash

Re: Building a budget coffee table

Ps. The pallet i got for free from work. So far my only expense is glue and my own time and  labour. Once dried and set i will attack it with planer, then sanding and trimming edges etc.uodates will follow in due course.

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Thanks so much for sharing your project @KevinMall.

It's fantastic to see your coffee table in its early stages and I'll definitely be following along to see the finished result.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
KevinMall
Making a Splash

Update pic...below,  allowing the adhesive to dry /set takes time. More sanding to follow today.

IMG20210509165417.jpg

Looking good, @KevinMall! I can't wait to see the finished result. Do you have a sketch of what you are hoping to create?

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell,

Great to gear from you. No sadly  I don't have sketch, however the broad idea has been taken from various projects that I have seen on this site/ discussion forum.

Its amazing hoe long the small stuff takes...ie sanding 😉

KevinMall
Making a Splash

Updated photos now all that remains is the staining and varnishing work. I am aware that over time pine can yellow, so I will be using a very dark stain for this timber.

IMG_20210512_090046.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects