Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Built-in robe update

diy_hausdesigns
Amassing an Audience

Built-in robe update

Call it 'nesting' or just loving another DIY project but this one meant a lot to me... And the Mrs is pretty thilled too! 

IMG_20210419_175249_217.jpg

IMG_2308.jpg

20210418_191049.jpg

With limited space I really wanted to make effective use of the built in robe we have, so I combined a flatpack dresser and got handy with some melamine panels. 

Process and before 

IMG_2275.jpg

IMG-20210418-WA0034.jpg

Not bad for under $200 !

Cheers guys

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Built-in Robe update

That not only looks extremely practical @diy_hausdesigns but is very aesthetically pleasing. You've been doing some very high calibre projects with the inBuilt 16mm 1800 x 595mm Natural Wood Melamine Colourboard recently. I've never really considered using melamine for projects before, as my preference would be solid timber. However, you've certainly swayed my opinion with your fine craftsmanship, and I'll be sure to use it in the future.

Many thanks for sharing, as I trust it will inspire plenty of our members.

Great job.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Built-in Robe update

Thanks @MitchellMc 

I have definitely developed a liking for the ease to cut and versatility of the panels. The finish on the panels itself is pretty nice to be honest particularly when trying to warm up a space and congrats the sometimes muted whites.

Cheers !

----
ToddG
Finding My Feet

Re: Built-in robe update

That looks awesome, did you fix the shelves or did you make them adjustable?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @ToddG. I'm sure @diy_hausdesigns appreciates your kind feedback and will be happy to answer your question about the shelves as soon as possible. 

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're so pleased to have you join us and look forward to reading about all your projects and plans for around the house and garden.

Please feel free to post anytime you have something to share with the wonderful Workshop community or need a hand with a project around the house and garden. As we have helpful and creative members posting every day, we're sure you will get plenty of useful information, advice and inspiration from our amazing community members.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @ToddG and welcome to the community. 

Thanks for asking. The shelves are fixed for this project as we didnt have a lot of space for adjusting them over. 

All the best !

----

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects