Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can i use VJ panelling around and above my built-in fireplace?

pjwilkinson
Just Starting Out

Can i use VJ panelling around and above my built-in fireplace?

We are having a built in fireplace which has a door on it installed,  and are hoping to cover the surrounds (wall) of the fireplace with vj panel, and then paint it with a heat resistant paint, if there is such a thing.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can i use VJ panelling around and above my built-in fireplace?

Hello @pjwilkinson,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining us and expressing your interest in using VJ panelling around your fireplace.

There are a few examples online of VJ paneling being used around a fireplace. The manufacturers of VJ paneling Easycraft, actually have a guide: GUIDELINE TO INSTALLING EASYCRAFT PANELING AROUND A FIREPLACE. But since each fireplace is unique you could call or email Easycraft to see if your fireplace has a different exclusion zone. 

I've also included the guide for installation: Guideline to fixing Easycraft Wall Linings to Timber & Steel Frames.

If you can post a photo and the model of your fireplace it will give us an idea of your setup.

Let me tag our experienced member @ProjectPete for some advice. He has done extensive projects with Easycraft panels.

We look forward to following your project. If you need more information please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects