Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can someone help me build some speaker stands?

loressa
Finding My Feet

Can someone help me build some speaker stands?

I'm making a set of speaker stands from parts I bought in IKEA. I used table legs for the poles and cutting boards for the wood.

I need to cut 3 of the metal plate joiners. You can see by the picture, I've cut one already.

IMG_2904.jpg

I only have hand tools so it has been really hard to cut through them. I was wondering if anyone has a band saw to cut these up? It's only 1 cut on each - should only take like 5 minutes.

I"m in Middle Park, VIC, so someone nearby would be ideal.

Cheers,

Loressa.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can someone help me build some speaker stands?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @loressa. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about cutting metal.

It would be unlikely that a member with a metal-cutting bandsaw would be within your vicinity. Perhaps you might like to contact your local Men's Shed to see if someone would like to take on that job. Alternatively, there are services such as hipages and Airtasker that can link you with someone in your area who would be interested in taking on the work.

If you are struggling to find someone who could complete your project, you might consider purchasing a rotary tool, which would allow you to complete the job yourself. You can get a cutoff blade designed for cutting metal. They are kind of like and angle grinder but much less intimidating.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Many thanks, Mitchell! I have a Dremel. I'll do that!

Cheers,

Loressa.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Remember your PPE, including safety glasses and gloves @loressa.  

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects