Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Chalk painted dining table

wronskipaula
Growing in Experience

Chalk painted dining table

Hi everyone 😁😁

My first attempt at chalk painting!

ABA21746-63EB-4D74-8686-F904EC55C773.jpeg

I am not sure about the old timber edge - usual thing is to match in with the top or decorate in some way or even paint the same colour as the legs???

any suggestions would be great thanks

cheers Paula

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Chalk painted dining table

Hello @wronskipaula 

Welcome to Bunnings Workshop. Thank you for sharing your diy project with the community. I think this falls under personal preference as to the final finish of your top. I've seen projects such as yours with a lightly painted top with the chalk finish legs and they look absolutely stunning. You could also go in the other direction and chalk finish the entire table. Either way will look good. We look forward to the final finish and it would be fantastic if you could post the finished product here on workshop.

Cheers 

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Re: Chalk painted dining table

Thank you Redracer01 for the hands up compliment. Will try to finish the table.

about to ask Mr Bunnings have they a video on u-tube re: crazy paving with ceramic tiles! Next project

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects