Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Customised study table

ritu
Finding My Feet

Customised study table

Hi Most study desks are about 74cm in height. I want height of about 78cm or more. I have a spare dinning table which has perfect height but its 100 cm in width and I need that to be about 60 cm . How can I go about the project to customise my dining table to study desk especially reducing the width.2020-10-19_14-38-11.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Customised study table

Hi @ritu,

It's fantastic to see you make your first post on the community after being a member for some time. I trust our helpful members will be able to provide some solutions for you.

I'm not sure if there is an easy way to reduce the width of that desk. You would most likely need to disassemble the entire table, cut the top and side rails down to the correct width and then reassembly it again. It might be easiest to remove the top, cut a 40cm segment out of the middle of the side rails and re-assembly. This would mean the legs stay attached and you would just need to re-join the side rails with mending plates. After that is done you could cut the top to size and re-attach.

Have you considered raising a standard height desk to suit? You could screw some adjustable legs onto the bottom of it to raise it the additional 4cm or more. 

Let me mention some helpful members @r23on@Poppop and @woodenwookie to see if they had some ideas on how to reduce the width of the table.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or had any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects