Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Cutting acrylic sheet to size

michael_cc
Finding My Feet

Cutting acrylic sheet to size

I have a 600x600mm piece of 3mm thick acrylic sheet and I would like to cut it to a 550x550mm sized piece for a personal project. Does Bunnings have a service to do such a cut for me? If so how much do you charge?

Thanks,

Michael

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Cutting acrylic sheet to size

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community Michael (@michael_cc). It's fabulous to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Unfortunately, we do not offer a cutting service for the acrylic sheet. 

To cut the sheet yourself, you can use a jigsaw and fine-toothed blade. Alternatively, you can use a score and snap knife. Mark the line you wish to cut and then clamp a piece of timber as a guide on it. Cut a narrow groove in the sheeting with the knife by running it against the timber. Place the sheet over a hard edge with the groove-side up. Clamp the sheet in place and then snap the sheet at the groove.

Please let me know if you need further help or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Michael,

Simplest way is to take it to a Plastic Fabrication Co...Or a Sign Manufacturer  They will cut it to size for a couple of bucks !

Hi Mitchell, thanks for the tips and links! Cheers, Michael 

Thanks Prof. I’ll look into it! Cheers, Michael 

Morzee
Finding My Feet

Just thought I'd throw this in...

If your in WA.....?

I own a co2 laser cutter for any future projects to cut...

1300 x 900 work bench..

Can cut any detail or shape you like...

Cheers

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Morzee. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for the offer of assistance.

I trust having a laser cutter must open up a world of possibilities for making intricate cuts on various mediums. 

We would look forward to seeing any projects around your home or garden that you have made with your laser cutter and would encourage you to let us know if you ever need assistance or have something to share. I'm sure you'll find loads of inspiration within the community as our clever and creative members contribute their projects here all the time.

Mitchell

Hi Morzee, can you cut a sheet to a size 45mm x 55mm?

Hope to hear from you, thank you.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Tryityourself

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining us and sharing your question about cutting an acrylic sheet.

Let me tag @Morzee to make them aware of your inquiry. It sounds like an interesting project in the making. Any updates you can provide about your acrylic project would be much appreciated. If you have any project questions we can help you with, please let us know. Our members would be more than happy to provide advice and information.  

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects