Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

D.I.Y. lounge using upcycled old bed

tucylurner
Just Starting Out

D.I.Y. lounge using upcycled old bed

D1714960-18C5-478A-AD2D-1F04A7675724.jpeg

A7772297-97DF-45EA-9136-3E6A7B0E5A00.jpeg

A3910F9B-BAA4-44C9-9AD8-528943BDC77F.jpeg

  

My favourite kind of DIY projects are those that give an old piece new life. I recently got my hands on a disused trundle bed with big plans to give it a complete facelift and new purpose.

After measuring up (and teaching myself how to make a dowel joints), I journeyed to Bunnings to get my hands on everything I needed. After a day or two of work in the shed, I had begun transformation of a redundant piece of furniture, that was destined for landfill, into a perfectly functional and stylish lounge room addition.
Not only does this piece reduce waste, it also provides a cosy place to sit and relax during the day and can transform into extra bedding with the flick of some pillows when needed! Cost effective, stylish, environmentally friendly, practical and some new skills learnt along the way; what more could a DIY girl ask for!? 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: D.I.Y. lounge using upcycled old bed

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @tucylurner. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing this lovely project.

That is so cute! I adore the look you've achieved, and I'm sure you must be thrilled with the results. I don't think I've seen a lounge quite like this, and you've done an excellent job creating a unique piece of furniture.

You've got some inspiring D.I.Y. skills, and I can't wait to see what you contribute next. Thanks again for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects