Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Easy made long clothes hanger

Hannah2
Getting Established

Easy made long clothes hanger

have lots of clothes to hang but on a cheap budget. easy to construct. can have at what ever length required.

8x zip ties (to hold the curtain rods to poles)

inbound1372299284.jpg

inbound894486299.jpg

inbound8344069.jpg

2x premade brackets

2x curtain rods

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: easy made long clothes hanger

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Hannah2. It's fabulous to have you join us and many thanks for contributing your project.

That's certainly a unique usage of the Rack It storage system. Who knew that a heavy-duty shelving system would have another use as an industrially styled and extremely practical clothes hanger. Perhaps the manufacturer might like to consider adding attachable hanging rods into their vast array of accessories for the system.

We look forward to hearing about the other projects you have joining on around your house and garden and we'd encourage you to let us know if you ever need assistance or have something to share with the community. I trust you'll find loads of inspiration on the site as our creative members are contributing their projects here all the time.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: easy made long clothes hanger

Thank you Mitchell for your kind words.

I originally was going to try to make something like this out of wood which someone with good tools and wood skills could easily do..not me..luckily i walked past the bracket section in Bunnings and saw those premade standing brackets...light bulb moment...and easy done..no wood or trying to screw holes. works really well. its sturdy too with zip ties firmly in place not that you would swing from it but fine to hang clothes on. Hannah

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Easy made long clothes hanger

Very clever @Hannah2. Looking forward to seeing what you create next. 

Just wanted to extend my own overdue welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're really pleased you could join us. Please don't hesitate to post anytime you need a hand with anything around the house or garden, or have something new to share with other members.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Hannah2
Getting Established

Re: Easy made long clothes hanger

Thank you Jason for your kind words

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects