Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Entry hallway remodel

diy_hausdesigns
Amassing an Audience

Entry hallway remodel

Hi all

This entry area always felt like it had great potential as a nice warm welcoming entry into our home. 

20221108_081100.jpg

20221108_080820.jpg

After

We decided to incorporate some 

1. VJ 100 panels to modernise the space and wrap them around the door frame to frame the main bedroom door as well. This also meant updating the skirting.

2. Lighter vinyl flooring to warm up the space. We laid these on existing tiles which worked out well.

3. Black door hardware throughout the house to counter the white.

4. Painted all the walls and trims on Dulux Vivid White for that POp !

20220906_113302.jpg

Before

We had a lot of fun and a few learning curves working with the easy craft panels and nail gun but generally with a bit of planning it was a straight forward process.

20220911_145009.jpg

Measure up

20220915_161845.jpg

Nailed onto wall with new trims installed.

20220923_165355.jpg

Pre painting

20220926_133516.jpg

Post painting 

IMG-20221018-WA0005.jpg

Vinyl flooring install

Really happy with how it all came out having a couple Bunnings stores with 10 mins helped secure all the products we needed in good time. 

20221108_080955.jpg

Last project in the space will be to update the interior door colour and door hardware.

Cheers all

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Entry hallway remodel

What a stunning transformation, @diy_hausdesigns! You've achieved some amazing results, which I trust you are thrilled with.

Are there any tips you could offer our members that are considering the installation of Ezycraft lining panels

My place doesn't get a whole heap of natural light, so I've been making the most of it by painting everything in Vivid white. It just tends to bounce the light around better.

Many thanks for sharing, as I'm sure your project will be a great source of inspiration for our members. Well done!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @diy_hausdesigns 

That entry hallway revamp looks amazing. The addition of the Ezycraft panels, the table and the mirror just gives the area so much character. I'm super impressed with your paint preparation, masking the area must have made paint application so much easier. The flooring of course adds that final touch and makes the entrance so much more welcoming.

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

@MitchellMc 

Thank you kindly for the feedback. 

Vivid white definitely allows for any light however little to bounce around. We were fortunate that the door faces east so theorning sun floods the entry pretty well.

I found looking at corner and end trim pieces from Bunnings for where the panels end or meet. I found a beautiful trim piece with curved face to connect two panels at a corner which ended up being a nice detail ! 

Kind regards 

Rufaro 

----

Thanks @EricL I don't know how many rolls or tape we used but it was worth it!!

We also used the ozito airless spray gun for the walls and doors which faired well and saved a significant amount of time.

Regards 

Rufaro 

----

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects