Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Feature wall with panelling

Monika1
Cultivating a Following

Feature wall with panelling

72554A5F-C8A9-443B-A489-B35C2D747A8C.jpeg

  

13C31B80-4762-47E4-BD95-83AC4C6F7EA4.jpeg

Hey Everyone,

I am new to this community. Me and husband just completed transforming our living room wall. Thought to share to show gratitude for what Bunnings provide!

Please share your views how’s it looking😊

D7488B96-FB9C-498A-BA6B-DDED9BF31367.jpeg

65726654-FC7B-410B-BBA0-88CF304955B1.jpeg

54210845-C299-49F3-B578-25B5434247BA.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Feature wall with panelling

Wow, looks spectacular @Monika1. Thank you so much for sharing your first project with the Bunnings Workshop community. I'm sure it will inspire many of our members and we are certainly looking forward to seeing more of your projects around the house and garden.

I trust you have already noticed that we have loads of clever and creative members sharing helpful advice and really inspiring projects on the site every day. It's great to have you join us. Please feel free to join in the discussions and share your projects, and don't hesitate to reach out if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site.

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

@Monika1 

That looks pretty classy. Can you tell us which products you used to create that result please? 

Monika1
Cultivating a Following

Thank you Jason. 

Yeah, it feels great to see everyone’s creativity. This is what actually I was looking for, feels I am at the right place.

Monika1
Cultivating a Following

Thanks.

Sure!

Products: (all from Bunnings)
1) Superfresco Easy Black Checker Wallpaper - Black Checker Sample
2)Superfresco Easy Wallpaper Adhesive
3)42mm x 18mm x 2.7m Pre-Oiled Merbau FJ Screening.

Other products were just the regular ones:
Masking tape, prep sheets to cover the furniture, nail gun, circular saw, utility cutter.

Plan and process:
So, we had a clear plan on what we needed. We had an eye on this wallpaper since long time. As soon as it was available at one of the Bunnings stores’ we went and collected. It’s a special edition wallpaper - not all the stores have it readily available.

You can place a special order though. I preferred to look, feel and thn buy it, so was waiting for it to be available, was lucky to find it for Maribyrnong store VIC. We measured the wall first - and then watched
some videos on how to apply. We used the adhesive glue - that can b diluted in water.

Suggestion from experience: have two rolls extra then what you calculate as it cuts off too many edges to have that correct alignment.

Wooden panels portion: we painted that part in Black first because the original colour was beige.

Wooden panel used:
- my husband cut this panels using drop saw as per the size and used nail gun to hold them to the studs. As well as liquid nails where there was no stud.

Hope this helps, happy to answer if I have missed something.

TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

Thanks heaps @Monika1  for those details. It is a very impressive result for your efforts and investment.  I admire your dedication to getting the required result by waiting for the right wallpaper to become available. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects