Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Feature wall

Nikkaz
Making a Splash

Feature wall

Excited to show the finished product of our feature wall in the living room area of our house.

Finally we bit the bullet, bought the paint and BAM!

We used 2 litres of British Clean and Protect Low Sheen paint in colour Malay Grey.

Washed down the walls in the morning followed by 2 coats on one night and 1 extra final coat the next day. 

We have never painted before but with some helpful advice, a good quality roller &  the right painters tape anyone can do it. 

2.jpg

4.jpg1.jpg3.jpg

viju82
Finding My Feet

Re: Feature wall

Hi, how did U decide the colour, did U use any app to choose the colour you want or the colour palettes? We are finding it difficult to decide on the colour.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @viju82. Welcome to the workshop community.

Let me alert @Nikkaz so they are aware of your comment.

Please don't hesitate to post if you need a hand with your projects around the home, in the garden or have something to share. Our clever community members post their projects and advice here every day. I'm sure you'll find Workshop very helpful.

If you need any assistance getting the most out of the site, please let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @viju82!

I am a huge stress head and I wanted this wall done for ages so was looking forward to picking colours taking them home, sussing it out and then going back with my decision. Instead my husband said pick a colour & thats it. So I did, we got home that afternoon & painted!  It turned out great! I will upload a photo of the "now" for you. 

IMG-20200328-WA0004.jpeg

Thanks @MitchellMc 

Gillgirl
Building a Reputation

Love the colour... think I might steal your idea!

congratulations!

RenoSandie
Growing in Experience

Looks really great. It’s amazing how featuring a different colour on one wall can change the whole look and feel of a room. 

Hi @RenoSandie,

Let me mention @Nikkaz so they are alerted to your kind feedback. Are you planning any feature walls in your own home?

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @MitchellMc 

Thanks for that. Just getting used to workshop etiquette. 
Yes, we are planning to do a feature wall soon in our new place. We’re also looking at the Bunnings wallpaper range for it. I will definitely post once we have it underway. 
Cheers 😀

Go for it @Gillgirl ! Look forward to seeing the photos.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects