Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Glass top dining table makeover ideas wanted

Leeelooo78
Just Starting Out

Glass top dining table makeover ideas wanted

I would like to paint the underside of my boring round, glass top dining table.

I'm thinking a sky or light blue colour. 

What spray paint would be best suitable? 

Also, the glass is darkish. 

Any advice or recommendations?

I will probably paint base matte black.

20220701_042215.jpg

Akanksha
Projects Editor
Projects Editor

Re: Glass top dining table makeover ideas wanted

Hello @Leeelooo78 

Firstly, a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We’re thrilled to have you join us. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions about how to navigate this site and how to get the most out of it.

Thanks for your question about painting your glass top dining table. I trust our resident expert @MitchellMc will be able to provide you with excellent ideas on how to get a fantastic result. In the meantime, you can check out these related guides on how to choose the right paint for the job and how to paint like a professional for some handy tips.

Looking forward to seeing the final result. Good luck with your project!

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Glass top dining table makeover ideas wanted

Hi @Leeelooo78,

It sounds like a great project you're planning there. The first step is finding a primer that will allow you to paint on glass. The issue we'll need to overcome is that the primer has to be transparent, or it will obscure your paint colour. The closest thing I can find is Flood ESP. It is a translucent product, but it's typically not used in this fashion. Usually, you'd apply it to something you want to block out, and then the paint coating goes over it. 

You might wish to do a small test section to ensure it will work for you. I'd recommend applying a thin coating, as the thicker the coat, the more opaque it will become. I'd also suggest you use a fine nap roller; otherwise, you might see brush strokes.

Once you've applied the surface prep, you'll be able to paint in your choice of colours.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects