Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Has anyone attached easycraft vj to a steel gas fireplace surround ?

jfo888
Growing in Experience

We are having our gas fireplace installed next week and I'm organising the VJ to be delivered.

The showroom from purchase has it but finished rough, especially the middle join.

image_67161601.JPG

I'm thinking of using the corner joiners suggested in another post to tidy it up.image_67163137.JPGimage_67510529.JPGThis is the steel frame that we are using. Any suggestions welcome thanks in advance !

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Has anyone attached easycraft vj to a steel gas fireplace surround ?

Hello @jfo888

Thanks for sharing your question about attaching Easycraft VJ to a steel frame. Easycraft actually has a guide regarding the installation of the VJ panel to a steel frame. However, since the fireplace surround does not have steel studs running at regular intervals, it will be necessary to install timber battens or steel strips to provide extra mounting support. 

Here are the links to the Easycraft install guides:

Let me call on our experienced members @ProjectPete and @Adam_W for their recommendations.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
jfo888
Growing in Experience

Thanks for the info Eric!

Baggs
Having an Impact

That will look good. However just check the fire place installation instructions as you might have to line it first with a fiber cement board.

I know that is the case with wood fires.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects