Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Help with River Tables DIY

gippslandhome
Becoming a Leader

Help with River Tables DIY

Hi Community. I hope this post finds you all well.

I have been putting off for a while doing my own epoxy river tables.

I have done alot of research, but would love to hear if anyone in the community has had experience and may have a few pointers.

Attached is a picture of something similar to what I meanScreenshot_20190701-080328.png

Screenshot_20190629-210216.png

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Help with River Tables DIY

Looks great @gippslandhome. I am looking forward to seeing how the project progresses.

It's a little like the fantastic Crayon inlay coffee table shared by @MitchellM earlier in the year.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you @Jason 

I saw read about the crayon inlay table and absolutely loved it.

I will document my work so anyone in the community can try if they like.

Kind regards Rob Colbert 👍

Great, many thanks Rob.

Also just remembered this post from @Dan_M - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Garage-and-Shed/Timber-Burl-finish-epoxy-or-varnish/m-p/24029

Jason

Former Workshop member
Not applicable

G'day :smile:

I have just stumbled on this now and I am quite intrigued...I have very little knowledge of 'epoxy' type stuff so this is way outside of my skill set...and I'm a huge fan of challenging my skill set :smile:
I like the slgiht 'avant garde' look without being bourgeois and obvious! Just IMHO and no offence intended - but the pieces shown do not appeal to me personally - however I can definitely see potential to do something interesting with this type of construction medium :laugh: sorry that this is not really helping you out at all in terms of 'helpful pointers' but if you do proceed I would love to know how it turns out :smile:

Peace

G'day @Former Workshop member 

Sorry I had to have a little chuckle with your thoughts. The potential is endless. I follow river tables ECT on Pinterest and have an absolute fascination with the variety of styles and colours and even down to Welding up your own legs.

I also follow some professional businesses on YouTube just to get some excellent ideas.

I'm very excited to create my very first price and share my design, build and final finish with the our fellow community members.

Thank you very much for your comments

Kind regards Rob 👍

Former Workshop member
Not applicable

G'day @gippslandhome mate,

Sorry I missed this in amongst trying to set up notifications and what-have-you properly!

Yes I have a truly frustrating way of writing the simplest of ideas; however using four times the words necessary. At all times I try to be friendly and amenable but invariably offend everyone and look like an arrogant little whatever...just keep on trying I guess!
To the point I did look briefly at YouTube regarding some 'epoxy' type projects and I think that whilst I found them very interesting and potentially limitless...they looked to be a little in the 'too hard basket' just personally!
Nevertheless I will keep looking...personally my main 'living area' just needs something to bring it to life; the colour scheme is all nice and flows through but the overall feel is 'sterile'...I was hoping to do something different with a dining table...
I will keep looking, thanks for the reply and I will check those places as well :smile:

Cheers
Josh

MRPotterSmith
Just Starting Out

What wood are you planning to use ?

make sure you seal the wood to stop air bubbles.

are you doing multiple pours or buying a resin like ecopoxy to do it in 1 pour ?

cant wait to see the results.

Many thanks for joining in the discussion and sharing your knowledge @MRPotterSmith. I'm sure @gippslandhome appreciates it! It sounds like you've got some great experience to share so we look forward to reading more of your posts soon. Perhaps you could share some of your own projects and plans?

Welcome to the Workshop community. 

Jason

A big warm welcome to the community @MRPotterSmith .

I have done alot of research and am still in the design phase.

I love the look of the waterfall tables with the clear green epoxy.

I'm so excited to get started but the 4 year old son with his planter boxes.

All the best and we look forward to seeing your projects on the community.

Kind regards Rob 👍

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects