Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a home theatre platform?

Rahvi

How to build a home theatre platform?

how to build a 4220 x 1200 x 200mm height home theatre platform

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to build a 4220 x 1200 x 200mm height home theatre platform

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Rahvi. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about building a home theatre platform.

If I understand correctly, you wish to build some type of stage or platform which will be walked upon? 

I've put together a rendering below, which illustrates a method you could use. I'd suspect the easiest way to achieve your 200mm height would be to create a frame out of two stacked 90 x 45mm MGP10 H2F Termite Treated Blue Pine Timber Framing - Linear Metre. This works almost perfectly if you clad the platform with ECOply 2400 x 1200 x 19mm CD Structural Plywood. The internal structure needs support, and you can add additional lengths of stack 90 x 45mm for this. This black car carpet will really give you the theatre feel and can be glued onto the ply with Selleys 800g Kwik Grip Gel Vertical Contact Adhesive.

This sounds like a fantastic project, and I'm keen to follow along, assisting as you go. Please keep us updated and reach out if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects