Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fit internal french doors into an existing opening?

macca2
Just Starting Out

How to fit internal french doors into an existing opening?

Hi 

We have an existing opening that is 2.7 x 2.35 that I'm wanting to add doors into. I was hoping to have two french door style (glass) with two matching panels either side however I can not seem to get dimensions to work for this space. Any suggestions how I can get this to work for this space? 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fit internal french doors into an existing opening?

Hello @macca2 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us and thanks for sharing your question about fitting internal French doors.

Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the wall you are planning on installing the French door to? This will give our members a chance to assess the area. We can then make recommendations on how to proceed.

Did you have a preferred door size for the French doors? Did you want the side panels the same size as well? Will you be building the doors from scratch, or will you be purchasing a pre-built one? Any extra information you can share about your plans will help us give you a comprehensive recommendation.

If you need a hand posting the photos, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects