Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix broken glass light fixture?

Storm77
Getting Established

How to fix broken glass light fixture?

Hi Everyone,

My son accidentally broke the glass light fixture in his bedroom 😣  I'm guessing it would be a little difficult to track down this exact fixture and as I'm in a rental, I need to fix it properly.  Any recommendations as to which glue would be best to use and/or any advice as to the best way to fix it please would be much appreciated.

Thanks 😁

2021-03-01 16.36.56.jpg2021-03-01 16.37.31.jpg

Storm77
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to fix broken glass light fixture

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Storm77. It's fantastic that you've joined us and many thanks for your question.

It would be great if you could provide some images, so our members have a better idea of the damage. That will allow them to provide some specific advice.

You'd want a glue specifically for glass like the Loctite 3g Glass Adhesive. Alternatively, you might be better off with Selleys 24ml Araldite Ultra Clear Epoxy Adhesive for heavier pieces. Having some painters tape on hand will allow you to hold the pieces together as the glue dries.

I look forward to seeing some images of the light fixture and providing further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @MitchellMc 

Thank you for your help and I've uploaded photos as you suggested.

Storm77
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to fix broken glass light fixture?

Hello @Storm77 

Definitely fixable! I second @MitchellMc 's suggestion Loctite 3g Glass Adhesive ! For sure will will glue this beauty back together. I suggest to use Scotch gentle tape to keep the glass together while the glue dries. Once the glue has set gently take the tape off and you should have a very nice lamp shade again. Good luck and stay safe.

Cheers,

Red

Screenshot_2021-03-01 Scotch 24mm x 55m Delicate Surface Gentle Removal Painter's Masking Tape.png

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

I think you'll find the Loctite 3g Glass Adhesive suitable to fix that lamp shade @Storm77. If all the pieces are large like those in your picture, then jigsawing them back together shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Is this a matching shade to others in the house? If not, accidents happen, and if you struggle to repair the shade, you could replace it with something in a similar style. 

Please let us know how you go and if you run into any difficulties. We're here to help.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects