Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to glue a piece of leather to my lounge?

Bee73
Just Starting Out

How to glue a piece of leather to my lounge?

I removed my chase off my lounge by cutting it the leather from the chase fits perfectly over the end of the  lounge but what is the best way to glue it. So it looks natural and I don’t have to sew it on

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: glueing a piece of leather to my lounge that i removed my chase from

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Bee73. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about glueing leather.

You might like to provide a few photos to illustrate better what you'd like to achieve. That way, our members would be able to offer some specific advice.

Contact adhesive would be a suitable glue for leather. Ensure the areas to be bonded are thoroughly cleaned before applying the glue.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to glue a piece of leather to my lounge?

Hi @Bee73,

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the community. As Mitch suggested, please do share a couple of photos of your lounge so we can assist. 

You might also be interested in this previous discussion: Leather lounge repair job by @Kanga42  

Jason

EBEA2930-A3E2-4C91-AA02-48B3830FF5F1.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Typically something like that would need to be sewn for a professional finish @Bee73. However, if you fold that bottom section up and under the top, you should be able to glue the top down onto the lower section. Just be careful not to apply excessive amounts of glue as it will smear out onto the exposed leather surface, which won't look great.

Before you start the glueing process, the seam on the front of the cushion would benefit from a few stitches bringing it back up to the top.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects