Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to hang 75" TV on wall?

Sugar
Having an Impact

How to hang 75" TV on wall?

Hi folks, 

I am sure this has been done by many people before. Apologies if I am repeating this again. 

Currently, I have my 75" T.V. on a tv unit but I would like to hang the TV on the wall as my kid is growing faster, and I don't want to take any risks. And also, it looks neat and clean while installing a home theatre. 

I believe, the whole idea is to insert the TV wall mount into the studs. 

My question is: 

1.) Should I be suspicious of the age of the house ( indirectly to the age of the studs) before mounting the TV on the wall? My house is 30 years old. 

2.) What is the best way to hide all the wires going to the TV as the wall does not have PowerPoint and CablePoint?

I have been looking at some products on Bunnings.

If there is any advice on this, I would really appreciate this. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Hanging 75" TV on wall

Hi @Sugar,

Even though TVs are getting lighter, I'd still recommend you install the wall mount bracket directly into the stud work if possible. Unless there are any underlying issues, the house's framework should still be in excellent condition. I see no reason why you should be suspicious. Are there any concerns you had?

The best way to hide wires for a wall mount TV is to rout them inside the wall cavity. This will require cable extensions and a bit of work on your behalf. A CableClear 50mm Wall Cavity Cable Management Duct can be used for this purpose.  Alternatively, the next best option would be to install some type of cable ducting onto the wall's surface. 

You should find this step-by-step guide useful: How to install a TV wall mount. We also offer an installation service for our TV wall brackets. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects