Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to i fix the lamp shade to the stand?

TS14
Finding My Feet

How to i fix the lamp shade to the stand?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

  

I am a total newbie and unable to fix this lamp shade to the lamp stand ? Any clue on how to open the bulb socket and get it through the lamp shade ? The stand has a wire going through it which makes it impossible to screw the lamp socket out. 😒

I must be missing something super silly for sure ! 

please help! 

image.jpg

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to i fix the lamp shade to the stand?

Remove the globe and then twist the top anti-clockwise and it should unscrew so you can then fit the shade and refit the top of the lamp holder and the globe.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @TS14. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question.

It's great to see you've already received some helpful advice from @Brad. To clarify further, I've highlighted in red the seam where the top separates. Remove the globe and then hold part B and the turn part A anti-clockwise. Place the shade on and then screw part A back down to secure it.

Please let us know if you need further information or have difficulties.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
TS14
Finding My Feet

DE52B84A-FC05-4F0C-ADF3-6A6043F45734.jpeg

Thanks for that @Brad and @MitchellMc, really appreciate your inputs.

I did try to separate the part A from B, but the wire goes from within, so they don’t really separate for me to try and get the lamp shade through it.

That’s where I am stuck unfortunately, do I need to remove the wire completely and rewire? 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @TS14,

If you have a closer look at my image and the fitting, two joins can separate the unit. You'll see I've highlighted the upper join. The part with the sticker will unscrew from the switch section. You've unscrewed the bottom section, but the top section also unscrews.

I've searched all around my house and found a lamp fitting similar to yours; I'll attach the images.

Please let me know how you go.

Mitchell

33B1CDF4-19C9-44F9-BFA8-3740E2A45734.jpeg

Haha could I be any more silly @MitchellMc !! 😃 

Thank you so much, I finally did it, yaay ! 🙂🙂

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Not silly at all, @TS14! I am glad we got it sorted.

Please let us know any time you need assistance with projects around the house and garden. We're here to help.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects