Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair a cracked floor tile?

yckim
Just Starting Out

How to repair a cracked floor tile?

what to buy to fill the gap on the cracked floor tile? 
I dropped a heavy metal ball on the floor tile and floor tile got cracked and damaged so I want to fill the cracked gap and smooth them at the level of floor title. 

250EFEB6-F8C8-4A49-830C-D221616AB295.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair a cracked floor tile?

Hi @yckim

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about repairing a cracked floor tile. 

Generally, the ideal repair option is to remove the damaged tile and replace it with a new one. However, the odds of the crack spreading are very high when repairs are being applied. If you wish to fill the crack instead, I suggest using Earl's 500g Concremate Expanding Cement. But before applying the filler, I suggest removing the damaged piece if possible. 

Please make sure to use safety gear such as gloves, goggles and a dust mask when mixing the concrete. My number one tip is to mix only what you need and seal the container in a resealable sandwich bag for future repairs.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
yckim
Just Starting Out

Re: How to repair a cracked floor tile?

Thanks Eric for your help. It is helpful.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects