Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair cracks on the interior wall and cornice?

Shanman
Just Starting Out

How to repair cracks on the interior wall and cornice?

Can you teach me steps by steps how to repair the cracks on the interior wall and cornice? Do I need to paint the whole wall after repair?

Kind regards,

Shan

cracks on the wall.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair cracks on the interior wall and cornice

Hello @Shanman

Thank you for sharing your question about repairing the cracks in your wall and cornice. I suggest having a quick look at this discussion - How to repair cracks on the wall, ceiling and cornice? by @mmd22. Damage such as this is often caused by the movement of the house structure through time. Since the damage is not too severe, I recommend using Parfix 1kg Ready To-Use Multipurpose Filler to repair the gap.

Here are some handy step-by-step guides:

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair cracks on the interior wall and cornice?

Hi @Shanman,

Do you have any of the wall paint? If you have some on hand, I'd advise spot-painting the repaired area and blending the new paint into the old by feathering it in. To feather the paint, apply some to your brush and then remove the excess with a paper towel. You'll then start from the middle of the repaired area and drag outwards with light strokes into the rest of the wall. This blended section ensures no hard lines between the new and old paint. Hard transitions are particularly discernable to the human eye.

If you don't have any of the wall paint on hand, I'd recommend removing a 10cent size piece and taking it into your local Bunnings store for a paint match.

If your painted repair is still quite noticeable and you can see the difference between the new and old paint, then you'll need to paint the whole wall to achieve a consistent finish.

Please let us know if you need further assistance or have questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects