Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ideas for improving theatre room entry

whatamidoing
Just Starting Out

Ideas for improving theatre room entry

ED58F07F-EE9E-4F1D-BD2A-7DDD6A04A122.jpeg

2D1CDEBC-EBCA-43EF-A77E-E767D965D518.jpeg

3B945D70-E4F4-460E-86CE-F73610AE103E.jpeg

2867C42B-84C7-450A-83C9-A828300A8660.jpeg

Hey guys!

I was hoping for some ideas for a theatre room doorway - it’s currently just a second lounge that we’re turning into a theatre room kind of thing but the entryway is really annoying us... it’s open at the moment and the walls don’t completely line up.

How can we close this off and make it more of a theatre

room feel?

I’m also open to any other ideas for the room if you have any!! 

Thanks in advance!

Amber

   

wooshka
Making a Splash

Re: Theatre Room Entry

@whatamidoing , are the interior walls timber or brick? doesn't matter either way, my idea would be to just put in a door way along where the timber floor finishes,new cornice across the top and skirting around i don't think many people would know its been added in if its done properly so it blends in, wont be an issue , may require repainting the whole wall as well

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to Workshop @whatamidoing and thanks for joining in the discussion. Great to see you have already received a helpful reply from @wooshka. As you can see, we have clever and creative members sharing helpful information, advice and inspiration on the site every day. We're glad you could join us. 

Looking forward to seeing what other community members propose and what solution you go with. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
lizhaywood
Finding My Feet

I'm with @wooshka put a door where the carpet and wood flooring meet. Nobody will notice the extra bit a wall on the otherside. 

For decorating, artwork always warms up a room and doesn't take up any room. Also throw rugs and cushions will make movie watching cosy. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @whatamidoing. I hope you are doing well.

For an option that doesn't involve installing a doorway, have you considered some thick block-out curtains? They would close the room off, giving the entrance to the area a very theatrical feeling.

There is a great range of eyelet curtains available, which can be easily installed using some black curtain rod brackets and 16mm x 3m black curtain rod.

We look forward to seeing what solution you go with. If you need any further information or assistance, please let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects