This was one of my earlier projects that I actually ended up selling them online but no longer do due to how much insurance is for childrens toys....even though this is very sturdy. My kids often use the roof on theirs as slides. The first one I made was due to not being able to find one for my sons 2nd birthday and thought I would have a crack. My other son uses his for his dinosaurs.
I dont have specifics except they were about 47cm wide, 32cm deep, 41cm tall.
- Made from BC grade 12mm plywood.
- drew and cut my shapes out with a circular saw, jigsaw and table saw.
- Sanded prior to assembly.
- Assembled with glue, screws and a nail gun.
- Cut doors and windows from 7mm plywood.
- Painted using whatever paint I had.
- Sealed over the entire barn with clear satin polyurethane.
They're just wonderful, @AnitaP! I'm sure your children love them to bits. I'm a huge fan of handmade timber toys/play scenery. It will surely outlast any plastic alternative and is filled with nostalgia for me. Big smile bought to my face over your son using it for dinosaurs. Every child needs a good dino barn.
Great work putting these together; I'm sure they'll be enjoyed for generations to come. Many thanks for sharing,