Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Low Voc Paint

Nic87
Just Starting Out

Low Voc Paint

Hello, I am hoping someone can recommend a really low VOC paint. Ideally a satin/eggshell finish to be used on furniture. I have attached a photo of my recent project but the mineral chalk paint I have used is rather expensive so an alternative option would be wonderful. 

20210419_094523.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Low Voc Paint

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Nic87. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for your question.

You might like to have a look at the Dulux EnvirO2 range of products as they have a very low VOC of less than 1g/L. Out of that range, the water-based enamel semi-gloss would be the most suitable for painting furniture. The Dulux EnvirO2 range is available through our Special Order desks in-store. If you were interested in a chalked look, a product similar to Dulux Design Chalk Effect Paint would be suitable. The VOC for this product would be less than 2g/L but not considered a very low level. 

I'd recommend Dulux PRECISION Maximum Strength Adhesion Primer White as a preparation coat because it bonds extremely well to a range of tough-to-paint surfaces, including furniture.

Please let me know if you have questions or need assistance with ordering this product.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects